Thursday, October 29, 2009
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLEEN!
And in honor of your birthday, here's 21 things I LOVE about you or have loved doing with you! By the way, it is 21 right? ;)
1. I LOVE that you always read to me when I was little...Chronicles of Narnia, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, The Polar Express (especially our favorite page about the "hot cocoa as thick and rich as melted chocolate bars"!)
2. I LOVE that you LOVE to take care of people: your guys, youth, kids, etc.
3. I LOVE that at least once a week, while putting on my makeup, I remember that I learned how from years of sitting on the bathroom counter and watching you do it
4. I LOVE when we talk and remember stories about Dad that make us laugh until we can't breathe! wwwWWhHAT?! (in his one-of-a-kind way)
5. I LOVE our haircut dates :)
6. I LOVE that you can't keep gifts a secret.
7. I LOVE that you were never big on the color pink, then you had all the boys, and now you love it!
8. I LOVE that you love investing in youth and love to see them grow spiritually.
9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to Bible study with you
10. I LOVE the time we watched A League of Their Own at your house in Brookshire, and cried our eyes out during that last game
11. I LOVE that we've always fought over who loves the other the most
12. I LOVE that we both have the same opinion of Matt Damon
13. I LOVE that I can talk to you on the phone for a long time...even though I hate talking on the phone.
14. I LOVE that no one else in our house would ever watch My Fair Lady with me but you
15. I LOVE the way I picked up on your ability to trip up stairs, your fear of birds, and your annoyance with mouth noises
16. I LOVE to see you being a mommy....and SUCH a good one!
17. I LOVE that you love your husband and stick with him
18. I LOVE that night at youth camp...you were pregnant with Joseph, and I had a headache. Dad brought me to you and Larry's cabin instead of going to worship and we sat on the couch for a long time with my hand on your tummy so I could feel him kick.
19. I LOVE that we're really different.
20. I LOVE that sometimes we're exactly the same.
21. I LOVE that you're my sister!
Happy birthday, big sister!
I LOVE you!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Michael Buble released a new album, Crazy Love, yesterday!!!!
I absolutely love it! I ran by Target and picked it up last night and have not stopped listening to it. It bears the same title as the incredible book we're going through in small groups, so guess what we'll be listening to Wednesday night. ;)
I have watched Return to Me three times in the past two days. Ridiculous. Pathetic, I know. It's sooooo good though. If you haven't seen it, you must. It's cheesy and predictable, I'll warn you, but honestly, what quality chick flick isn't? I tried to tell myself yesterday afternoon (before popping it in for the third time) that it wasn't good for me to watch that much lovey dovey that many times. Of course, I didn't listen, and was swept off my feet yet again.
It wasn't bad for me though. It was surprisingly good.
See I'm the girl that cries randomly and unprovoked because I need a boyfriend. I crave that relationship and I often have myself convinced that if it doesn't happen soon, it never will. Watching this movie though (you'll have to see it to understand...and maybe even then it's just my crazy perception), I didn't feel that way at all. The way that he treats her is what I want. He's a grown man when he meets her and because of that he respects her and supports her and takes care of her and really loves her. He's grown up enough to know what he needs. And what he needs...is her.
I am not a grown up. I'm twenty years old. I'm a long way from knowing what, let alone who, I need. And he....whoever he is....isn't grown up enough to know that now either....and that's ok.
Because I want him to respect me and support me and take care of me and really love me. And if I have to wait fifteen years for that....it'll be ok.
(although fifteen might be pushing it....Lord, please grow my patience fruit!)