Monday was my sweet sister's birthday! With she and my Daddy getting back from Africa that day, and school making me cRaZy, I didn't get to do this until now, but.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLEEN!
And in honor of your birthday, here's 21 things I LOVE about you or have loved doing with you! By the way, it is 21 right? ;)
1. I LOVE that you always read to me when I was little...Chronicles of Narnia, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, The Polar Express (especially our favorite page about the "hot cocoa as thick and rich as melted chocolate bars"!)
2. I LOVE that you LOVE to take care of people: your guys, youth, kids, etc.
3. I LOVE that at least once a week, while putting on my makeup, I remember that I learned how from years of sitting on the bathroom counter and watching you do it
4. I LOVE when we talk and remember stories about Dad that make us laugh until we can't breathe! wwwWWhHAT?! (in his one-of-a-kind way)
5. I LOVE our haircut dates :)
6. I LOVE that you can't keep gifts a secret.
7. I LOVE that you were never big on the color pink, then you had all the boys, and now you love it!
8. I LOVE that you love investing in youth and love to see them grow spiritually.
9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to Bible study with you
10. I LOVE the time we watched A League of Their Own at your house in Brookshire, and cried our eyes out during that last game
11. I LOVE that we've always fought over who loves the other the most
12. I LOVE that we both have the same opinion of Matt Damon
13. I LOVE that I can talk to you on the phone for a long time...even though I hate talking on the phone.
14. I LOVE that no one else in our house would ever watch My Fair Lady with me but you
15. I LOVE the way I picked up on your ability to trip up stairs, your fear of birds, and your annoyance with mouth noises
16. I LOVE to see you being a mommy....and SUCH a good one!
17. I LOVE that you love your husband and stick with him
18. I LOVE that night at youth camp...you were pregnant with Joseph, and I had a headache. Dad brought me to you and Larry's cabin instead of going to worship and we sat on the couch for a long time with my hand on your tummy so I could feel him kick.
19. I LOVE that we're really different.
20. I LOVE that sometimes we're exactly the same.
21. I LOVE that you're my sister!
Happy birthday, big sister!
I LOVE you!