I turn 21 on Tuesday!!! And since I'll be having a wonderful time with my sister on our visit with our fabulous Aunt Laurie, along with other family birthday festivities...I figured I ought to do this post early.
Thinking about birthdays and growing up and a new age has had me reflecting a lot on all that God's brought be through and blessed me with in my life...21 of which, I'll share with you ;)
1. He brought me through years of sinus infections, steroids, and surgeries to be functionally healthy and ultimately...alive!
2. He spoke to me through a talking donut.
It's cheesy, but I was little...and thus began my journey with Him...we've moved on from the donut :)
3. I somehow survived that awkward time in elementary school where all the kids hated me because I always won the spelling bees. It was a very traumatic time for me...LOTS of tears and prayer!
4. He pursued endlessly a real relationship with me...all the way to Friona (the middle of nowhere), where I was all alone and finally found a friend and Father in Him.
5. He introduced me to freedom through being held hostage. He proved Himself faithful on every promise He'd ever made me and showed me the importance of other people's opportunity to put their faith in Him.
6. He taught me to trust Him by not giving me my scholarship. Then gave it to me anyway...just because He can.
7. He blessed me with the perfect roommate my freshman year.
8. He gave me Tuesday night Bible study with my sweet sister.
9. Nieces and nephews...'nough said :)
10. He gave me parents I can talk to about anything.
11. He gave me a Daddy who doesn't complicate my view of God as my Father, but rather enhances it and makes it that much easier to trust and love Him.
12. He's put stories in my heart that I can't get down on paper fast enough...I cannot wait to communicate the reality of His love through fiction!
13. He's taught me how to let go of some people to make room for others.
14. He's made me fall in love with Africa without even going...who knows what He'll do when I'm actually there!?
15. He's built my resume for me...dropping opportunity after opportunity right in my lap
16. He led me to the worst internship ever....but taught me more about church ministry and serving youth than I ever would have learned anywhere else.
17. He's put people in my life that speak truth.
18. He's made things difficult, but worth working for
19. He's pushed me
20. He's pursued me
21. He's never left me alone
That's just a short list! These 21 years have been a whirlwind with Him, and I don't expect the next 21 to be any easier or calmer...and I wouldn't want them to be! I can't wait to see what these next years will bring. Do what You want, Lord. Shake things up! I'll hold on for the ride...