Friday, August 13, 2010

expiration dates...


I like to look at expiration dates.

Frankly, it's just a good precaution. Look at the expiration date...see what you'll be doing around that time.

If I'm thinking about buying some milk, but I'm going to be out of town when it expires or not around much between now and the expiration date, I don't get the milk.

If I have a coupon or a gift certificate but I know I'm not going to have the money to spend on anything by the expiration date, I give it away.

Get the picture?...expiration dates are important.

What I really like are long-term expiration dates. For instance:

My debit card.

The expiration date on my old debit card was June 2011. When I got that card in 2008, I looked at that expiration date and knew that in June of 2011 I would have just graduated college, be looking for a job, trying to squeeze in as many "real" summer moments as possible, and, of course, getting a new debit card.

Well, I lost that card. Threw it away actually.

Oops :)

The expiration date on my new debit card is September 2013. In September of 2013:

I have no idea what will be going on...

And that's a little scary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at the dates of everything! It's funny though because I never compared the dates to anything like you do. That's pretty cool.

Rachel Lillian said...

I always used to get excited when the expiration dates would say "Oct 2" because I knew my birthday was coming soon! Now, I just feel old and less excited. :) I miss you!